Wednesday 5 March 2014

Lets the games begin: Glasgow 2014 Common Wealth Games: Clyde-Sider

So I thought it's about time I started a new post following on from The Road to Glasgow 2014 now that the first training session is fast approaching!

Orientation Training - Friday 7th March 2014

As Glasgow to Sheffield is pretty much impossible to do in 1 day, I finished work on Thursday and caught the train to my parents ready for my trip to Glasgow the next day.

On the Friday, I got an early train to Glasgow giving myself an hour or so to talk from the station across to the training venue - the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome.

On arrival there was no mistaking what was going on that day, with lots of branding and signs as shown in my photo! I was quite surprised at the length of the queues outside, but I think this was because the doors didn't actually open until 10am. Once the doors were open, the queues quickly disappeared and soon enough everyone was ready for the show to begin!








Promise I'll come back and finish this one when I get a spare moment or 2 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment